Sunday, 4 October 2015

Student Magazine Evaluation

1.      In what ways does your student magazine use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
Before creating my own student magazine, I made sure to research professional magazines similar to that genre. I did this so that I gain knowledge of what a student magazine should look like & the main features that student magazines share; such as what sort of fonts, colours and coverlines they use. During my research, I noticed that most student magazines contain a large central image of a young person or student, ususally giving eye contact, creating a direct mode of address. The fact that the portrayed person is young would also be appealing to my target audience, which are young students aged between 15 and 21. The colours of student magazines vary between being very serious (black, white, blue) to quite lively (green, red, pink). I wanted to create a sensible yet interesting magazine that doesn’t bore nor patronize my audience, so I used a variety of greys, yellows, blues and pinks.
2.      How does your student magazine represent particular social groups?
3.      What kind of media institution might distribute your student magazine and why?
4.      Who would be the audience for your student magazine?
5.      How did you attract/address your audience?
6.      What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the student magazine?

No comments:

Post a Comment