Thursday, 24 September 2015

Experimentation pt. 2

In order to create the best possible magazine for your target audience, you must experiment with different modes of address to ensure that you have explored every different approach & choose the best option from there.

After researching similar magazines, I have gathered that the best mode of address would be an informal yet informing dialogue, to ensure that the target audience does not become bored nor do they feel patronized. I have also decided to use second person, as this will entice my readers & will make them feel more involved when reading it, as it is addressed to them.

Another thing that you might want to experiment with is masthead names, as they can tell the reader a lot about the type of magazine they are reading. For example, if a magazine is titled "Student" the audience might think that the magazine will be boring & won't bother reading it. However, if a magazine is titled "Fun!", the audience might think that the magazine is a bit naff & slightly patronizing, which would also put them off reading it. It is important to get a balanced mixture of fun & serious, even if it's just the title of the magazine.

I have experimented with a range of different magazine names, including:
  • Student
  • Students of Ludlow
  • Fun!
  • The Magazine of Banter
  • The Hub
  • The Groove
  • Student Bible
 I decided that the best name to go with was Students of Ludlow, because I think it best represents the contents of the magazine, it interests local readers, and it does not sound too formal nor does it sound too informal.

No comments:

Post a Comment